My Spring Break Reflection

 Spring Break has now come and gone.  As I walked into work (a bit early) I was greeted by this beautiful sunrise from the door of my classroom.  As I think back on this Spring Break I am feeling grateful, empowered, and excited:
  • I am grateful to have had the time to take my Middle Generalist test toward National Board Certification.  Only a couple of weeks and I'll be able to start uploading my other components, it has been a very busy year. 
  • I am empowered by the movement that is building up in my state around education and providing more of a voice for public education.  
  • I am excited for the learning to come this quarter.  Yes, we will be state testing, but I am excited to hear students' discussion of the the key events and effects on society as we learn out the 1800s in Social Studies. I can't wait to see what students' Women's History Research Projects look like. I am excited to run a simulation on Westward Expansion as students problem solve in wagon teams and try to make it out West.  The class can't wait to begin their Planet Projects and we've only been discussing it all year.  I am excited to observe and discuss with students as they complete their Stock Market Simulations and always find it interesting to see what companies they decide to invest in.  I am excited to read lots more books, advance students' math understanding, read (and grade) lots of writing, complete engineering projects, and build student's civic understanding and engagement through the study of American history.  What I am not excited for...is to rush or count down or this limited time I have left with my talented scholars.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationship Building and Student Names

Google Apps for Education (GAFE)